2.20.2009

Wonderful Wedding Cake Ideas!

I love desserts, so I of course love wedding cake!! I just love to eat cake and love that they become beautiful works of art that can really make a statement about the bride and groom. Some cakes are more simple and elegant and some are more edgy and crazy. You can choose square, round, octagon, a mixture of these shapes layer by layer, etc. You can choose to have the layers stacked one layer on top of the other, you can have space inbetween for floral, etc. You can do a "present" looking cake, you can do a mad hatter cake, etc. You can use ribbon, floral, colors, monograms, cake toppers, etc. So many options! The princess theme . . .

I love the chocolate fudge icing on this cake - so unique, but still very elegant . . .

I love this elegant cake with fun use of color (love the monogram on the cake also). . .

Simple dots in different patterns or swirl design with Monogram letters on top . . .

The Mad Hatter - a more edgy and funky style cake. . .

Love the cascade of floral on this tall cake . . .

A Plaid Christmas Themed Cake . . .

I love the mix of dots and swirl design on this cake . . .

I love the tropical orchids!

Usually with wedding cakes, I recommend finding a picture or two cakes you have found that you really like. This is great help when you meet with your cake baker so you can talk about ideas to create a cake that is unique and customized to your style. There are so many fun ideas for cakes, so I thought I would share some of my favorite wedding cakes of those I have photographed. The present cake . . .

The gerbera daisies and green dots are so cute and great for a spring or summer wedding . . .

I love the monogram 'P', alternating square and round layers, Song of Soloman Verse on this cake. They also used pink christmas twinkle lights with toule over the top on the cake table to create a pink glow. . .I love the square layers in alternated directions and the simple floral with the gorgeous orchids look amazing . . .

I love very creative and unique cakes . . .

Love the swirl designs and use of ribbons . . .

Love the gerbera daisies . . .

I love the monogram placed on one of the layers of the cake here instead of on the top for something different. Great use of the two shades of blue on this cake. . .

This was such a uniuqe way to decorate and use their yellow in the wedding cake . . .

I love the hydrengas on the cake and inbetween one of the cake layers for something different . . .

I love the elegant yet fun designs and, of course, I love the orange!

Also, I thought I would share a few of my favorite sites for finding cakes pictures you like. . .

Make your wedding cake unique to your own personal style. Have so much fun! :) Kristin

1 comment:

Please leave your comments