11.22.2011

Thanksgiving Thankfulness!

We have a tradition at my mom and dad's family dinners after the prayer to go around the table and say what we are thankful for and it is always a memorable time for me at our family get-togethers.  So in the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, here are a few items I am thankful for (and I am not the best writer, so bear with me!!  I always go to my sister, Shannon, if I need something to sound better when I write something!).

This will always be our first family picture from this summer in July below!!  

  1. My loving and thoughtful husband, Dean!  Thank you, baby, for putting up with me and the "sometimes" craziness in our lives.  Having a partner who can tolerate your worst while helping to bring out your best is invaluable. I wouldn't be the same person that I am without you!  Everything happens for a reason and god knew that Dean is what I needed.  I thank my lucky stars everyday for having Dean in my life. 
  1. My family and being able to spend so much time at home with the kids grow.  Yes, the kids have their moments when they are both crying or Gracie is keeping me up at night when my patience is tested, but I absolutely love being a mom.  I love those special moments when the kids do something new, give me hugs or just smile at you.  It is amazing to have such love for your kids and to be able to help them develop.  Dean and I tried for such a long time before we first got pregnant, so we really appreciate our kids and watching our healthy little miracles grow.  I love you, Owen & Gracie!! 
  1. My husband and family for taking care of the kids when I have appointments, photo sessions and wedding photography.  It is because of all their support and help which allows me to do be able to do what I do!  When I lived in Kansas for two years and missed a lot of family events and get-togethers.  Being away makes you appreciate the family time and how much you have.  I appreciate all the love and support I have in our family.  
  1. The military for all their sacrifices!!  Dean and I were lucky enough to spend some time with his cousin Brian, his wife Nancy and their daughter Megan this month in San Diego and got to see first hand all the sacrifices they have made with his being in the Navy for over 15 years.  The military and their families do so many things for us and our country and don't get enough credit.  They are so far from their families and their loved ones.  We got to tour the USS Ronald Reagan, the ship and living quarters first hand, where Brian spent five years of his life and so many other sailors have and are spending some of their time while in the Navy.  Seeing the small sleep quarters makes me appreciate my bed, having a bedroom and the space to move around. We have a new respect for all the sacrifices and want all the military, veterans, spouses and their families to know we are so thankful for all you have done and are doing for us!  
  1. Being able to sleep through the night!!  Because it isn't happening right now, it makes you really appreciate the times it does happen.  I am a little sleep deprived and I know it is bad for me, but those occasional Red Bulls help when I really need it.  :)  I am really looking forward to Gracie getting a little older and getting to sleep through the night again.
  1. My mom.  Who is the kindest, most thoughtful and giving person I know.  She has so much strength and independence and gives with all her heart to everyone around her.  She taught me so much about the person I want to be and is such a big part of why I am the person I am today.  She gave me my strong work ethic, kindness, giving and love of family.  I don't always get to spend as much time as I would like with her because of our busy schedules, but she is always in my thoughts and I love her so much.
  1. A night out with friends!  There’s something special about sharing a glass of wine or cocktail (or cup of coffee, or whatever beverage of choice) with friends. I love how conversations just flow when you’re relaxing with friends – it’s definitely always a fun time.  As busy as life gets, I love to make time for friends and getting a chance to catch up on each others' lives.
.
  1. My awesome brides and grooms!  Without you guys, I wouldn't get to do what I love.  It is because of you, your love and friendships that I get to do what I do!  Capturing those special wedding moments is what I love to do and I treasure that I get to be there to be a part of the wedding day.  I am so appreciative of all of my awesome brides and grooms!!    
I love the holidays, especially Thanksgiving. It’s such a wonderful reminder to be grateful for all the people, family and blessings in my life. (Hence the list here!) I love that it causes me to stop and consciously think about all the good things in my life.  Thank you for allowing me to share the reasons I am so thankful!!  There are many more, but these are just the first couple off the top of my head.  Dean and I are looking forward to spending time with our families and hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with your families!!!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments