12.01.2011

Favorite Things: Macy's Believe Campaign!




Macy’s nostalgic, feel-good holiday campaign called Believe is back again this year!!  

My "Favorite Thing" for this week would have to be the Believe Stations in every Macy's store!  The 'Believe Campaign' at Macy's Department Stores with in-store “Believe Stations," captures the heart of the Christmas holiday with an awesome message of goodwill and generosity through an uplifting campaign to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.  To me, they capture the true holiday spirit and remind me of what the holidays are all about.  I always think of my memories growing up as a kid and all the fun I had and continue to have during the holidays. 

The Believe Campaign also always reminds my of our girls trip to Chicago every year.  My mom and my two sisters always make a girls trip to Chicago and this year was extra special because my soon-to-be eight year old niece, Ava, got to come this year!  Going to the Macy's in downtown Chicago is always one of the highlights for me.  I love that it has become a tradition for us to visit Macy's during the holidays to see their decorated Christmas tree and love the "Believe Station" complete with the Believe Meter, Letter-writing station and Santa Mail letterbox. 

Through December 24, if you are near a Macy's Department Store across the country, please go by to drop off letters to Santa at the Macy’s Santa Mail letterbox (stamped and addressed to Santa At The North Pole)!!! For each letter received, Macy’s is donating $1 to the Make-A-Wish Foundation (up to $1 million).  It is such a great cause. 

"Believe was inspired by the letter to the editor written by eight-year-old Virginia O’Hanlon in 1897 asking if there is a Santa Claus. Newsman Francis P. Church responded with a poignantly worded essay on the importance of believing, including the famous line..."   

“Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus. He exists as certainly as love and generosity and devotion exist…”


(Pictures & Facts from:  http://hudson.wish.org/2011/11/07/macys-believe-campaign/)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments