12.22.2011

Happy Holidays from our family to yours!

As the holidays are here, I find myself wrapping, shopping, baking, cleaning, checking emails, sending packages, getting ready and trying to mark items off my To-Do-List for the upcoming Christmas events.  With all the hustle and bustle, I do find myself trying to slow down to remember my faith and what the holidays are all about.  This is an awesome time of year, simple in origin, deep in meaning, beautiful in tradition, rich in memories, and charitable in spirit. This joyful season brings to each of us a measure of happiness and remembering the spirit of Christmas.  May you be reminded of all the most important things in your life this Christmas!!

For me, I love being able to have this special time to enjoy with family and friends, remembering old traditions and starting new ones with our little ones!  I look forward to Christmas this year as Owen is such a sweetheart and I am curious to see how he will act.  He does know what presents mean, but tends to play with the simple things ... boxes, paper, etc!  Owen has never been a snuggler or one to ever slow down, so now that he will hand-out hugs and kisses, I can't seem to get enough.  I feel like Gracie's teeth have to be coming soon and hope they are what Santa brings for her this year - hee hee.  She is getting so big and I love kissing her cheeks and trying to get her to smile or laugh at us.  

Our Christmas events start tomorrow and go through traveling on Monday.  Our busy day every year is Christmas Eve and I always wish we could be two places at once!!  As I know that can't happen, I have to try to remember to relax and just enjoy the time we have with each of our families.  I do have to say, though, that I am looking forward to Sunday with watching the kids see what Santa brings, eating my mom's leftover Spaghetti Casserole, watching the 'Christmas Story' and relaxing at home in our PJs on Christmas day!  I can't wait for the family time.  May you be surrounded by all the things that bring Christmas cheer!
Hoping you can feel love, joy, and peace this Christmas season.  Enjoy!!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments