7.26.2012

Kooking with Kristin: Ribs!

I have eaten plenty of ribs, and made tons of country-style ribs in the crock-pot, but I had never made a rack of ribs.  I think I just felt overwhelmed by them, because I didn't know how to make them.  So I decided I would ask Dean how he would make them.  He suggested that I boil them on the stove until they were cooked and finish them on the grill with barbecue sauce.  I didn't think it sounded as tough as I originally thought it would be.  I decided to give it a try and figured if my attempt failed, we could always get carry-out somewhere - hee hee.  But luckily, the ribs were delicious and wasn't difficult.  On my husband's request (and mine), I definitely will make make these again!

Ingredients:
  • A rack of ribs (we did beef ribs this time)
  • Pot of water on the stove and grill to finish
  • Barbecue Sauce
  • We ate with french fries
Preparation:
  • I cut the ribs in the middle of the rack, so they would fit in the pot.
  • Put the ribs in the pot and fill the pot with water to cover the ribs.
  • I boiled the ribs, until the meat was tender on the bone.  I didn't have a specific time, so I just checked them often and stopped boiling until they were "fork tender" when I poked them with a fork.  
  • Put the ribs on the grill and glazed with BBQ sauce.
  • Cooked until they had a little grill char, sauce was cooked on and they looked delicious.  Here are my hard working grill-masters below . . .   
Even Owen loved them!

XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments