11.21.2012

Thanksgiving Thankfulness!

I absolutely love Thanksgiving!  For me, it is a family time.  With the everyday hustle and bustle, it is so fun to relax, be thankful for what we have and enjoy one another.  At our family get togethers, we have a tradition at my mom and dad's family dinners after the prayer to go around the table and say what we are thankful for and it is always a fun time.  In the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, here are a few items I am thankful for (and I am not the best writer, so bear with me!)

  1. My loving and thoughtful husband, Dean!  Thank you, baby, for putting up with me and the "sometimes" craziness in our lives.  Having a partner who can tolerate your worst while helping to bring out your best is invaluable. I wouldn't be the same person that I am without you!  Everything happens for a reason and god knew that Dean is what I needed.  I thank my lucky stars everyday for having Dean in my life.  I was so thankful to be able to get our family vacation in October and loved getting to spend a week in Duck, North Carolina in the Outer Banks.  It was a blast and definitely loved the family time.  

  1. My family and being able to spend so much time at home with the kids grow.  I can't believe that Owen is going to be 3 years old in March 2013 and that Gracie turned one year old in July this year.  Yes, the kids have their moments when they are both crying when my patience is tested, but I absolutely love being a mom.  I love those special moments when the kids do something new, give me hugs, blow me a kiss, smile or now even saying they love me.  They are both saying new words every day.  Gracie is very mobile now and loves trying to keep up with Owen!  Gracie doesn't quite understand that part about me being behind the camera though.  She wants to be with me and makes it interesting to try to get her picture lately, so that is why she is crying below.  We haven't gotten to many photos that I can capture of her lately. It is amazing to have such love for your kids and to be able to help them develop.  Dean and I tried for such a long time before we first got pregnant, so we really appreciate our kids and watching our healthy little miracles grow.  I love you, Owen & Gracie!! 

  1. My husband and our awesome families for taking care of the kids when I have appointments, photo sessions and wedding photography.  It is because of all their support and help which allows me to do be able to do what I love!  I am so appreciative of our families and how much love and support we have around us.  I appreciate all the love I have in our families.  
4.  Being Busy!!  I am so humbled to be able to be fulfilling my dream!  I love being able to photography the love stories and being able to enjoy family life too.  Because things have been a little crazy lately with everything going on, I am so thankful for the growth in my photography business..  I am a little sleep deprived and I know it is bad for me, but those occasional Red Bulls help when I really need it.  :)  I am really looking forward to the couple remaining weddings and photography shoots this year and an awesome 2013 to come.  
5.  My mom.  Who is the kindest, most thoughtful and giving person I know.  She has so much strength and independence and gives with all her heart to everyone around her.  She taught me so much about the person I want to be and is such a big part of why I am the person I am today.  She gave me my strong work ethic, kindness, giving and love of family.  I don't always get to spend as much time as I would like with her because of our busy schedules, but she is always in my thoughts and I love her so much.  I am so thankful for my awesome families!!  It is awesome to have so much love around.  
6.  A night out with friends!  There’s something special about sharing a glass of wine or cocktail (or cup of coffee, or whatever beverage of choice) with friends. I love how conversations just flow when you’re relaxing with friends – it’s definitely always a fun time.  As busy as life gets, I love to make time for friends and getting a chance to catch up on each others' lives.  I always love getting a date night with Deano too!  It is always so fun getting to catch up and remind ourselves of why we love each other so much.  
7.  I am so thankful for such an amazing network and friendship for so many wedding and event vendors around me.  It is because of all of you that I am where I am.  I love being able to work and be surrounded by so many amazing people.  I have been involved in the ISES (International Special Event Society) Indiana Board of Directors and it has been such a great experience so far.  I love all of the Perfect Wedding Guide, Wedding Day Magazine and all the many groups that make the network of friends that much bigger.  Thank you to all of you for so much love and support throughout the years.  
8.  My awesome brides and grooms!  Without you guys, I wouldn't get to do what I love.  It is because of you, your love and friendships that I get to do what I do!  Capturing those special wedding moments is what I love to do and I treasure that I get to be there to be a part of the wedding day.  I am so appreciative of all of my awesome brides and grooms!!    
I love the holidays, especially Thanksgiving. It’s such a wonderful reminder to be grateful for all the people, family and blessings in my life. (Hence the list here!) I love that it causes me to stop and consciously think about all the good things in my life.  Thank you for allowing me to share the reasons I am so thankful!!  There are many more, but these are just the first couple off the top of my head.  Dean and I are looking forward to spending time with our families and hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and families!!!  
XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments