5.14.2013

Kooking With Kristin: Chicken Marsala!


Dean loves Chicken Marsala, so we love to make it!  Here is a recipe I got from my mom that I would love to share.  She actually found it in her Weight Watchers cookbook and gave to me early in Dean and my relationship years ago.  As it was Dean and my 7th wedding anniversary yesterday, I decided to make Chicken Marsala for us for dinner.  Yummy!!!  I still can't believe we are celebrating seven amazing years since our wedding.  Time as gone by fast and we have accomplished and been able to enjoy so many things over the years.  I definitely cherish Dean and our amazing family that we have created together.  Making a yummy anniversary dinner was the least I could do for my wonderful husband.  Here it the recipe:  

Chicken Marsala
Makes (4) Servings

Ingredients:
  • (4) 1/4 pound thin-sliced chicken breast cutlets.  (My mom has butcher do that for her).
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp olive oil (I used extra virgin olive oil)
  • 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
  • I added little diced onion to the recipe
  • 2 tsp all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup Marsala Wine
  • 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth

Preparation:
  • Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper
  • Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken an cook through, about 3 minutes on each side.  Transfer chicken to a platter and keep warm.
  • Add mushroom and onion to skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 3 minutes.  
  • Sprinkle mushrooms with flour, stirring to blend.  Add the Marsala and broth and bring to boil.  
  • Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.  Spoon sauce over chicken. 

Yum!  Definitely one Dean loves and a perfect dinner to celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments