10.07.2013

Kooking With Kristin: Chocolate Pecan Pie!

Chocolate Pecan Pie is one of my favorite desserts!  I made it recently for my mom's birthday since it is one of her favorites too.  It is an easy recipe and oh, so yummy!  Even Dean, my husband, who is not a big dessert person, loved it!  If you add a little whiskey, you can create Kentucky Derby Pie, a crowd-pleaser to the Derby race fans in May.

Chocolate Pecan Pie (1 Pie)

Ingredients:
  • (1) 9-inch pastry shell (I don't have time to make fresh pie shell, so I buy the frozen pie shells and put in my pie pan)
  • (4) eggs
  • (1) cup sugar
  • (1) cup dark Corn Syrup (I buy Karo brand)
  • (1) tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine 
  • (1) cup chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Whipped cream (if wanted for topping)

Preparation:
  • Mixing bowl-beat the eggs, sugar, vanilla and corn syrup
  • Melt butter and mix well
  • Add in pecans and chocolate chips to mixing bowl.  
  • Put pie shell into pie pan and pour mixture into pie shell.
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until set. (Watch the top for browned top and inside middle of pie appears more solid).
I loved served warm with a side of whipped cream-Yum!  XXOO, Kristin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments