11.28.2013

Thanksgiving Thankfulness!

I absolutely love Thanksgiving!  For me, it is a family time.  With the everyday hustle and bustle, it is so fun to relax, be thankful for what we have and enjoy one another.  At our family get togethers, we have a tradition at my mom and dad's family dinners after the prayer to go around the table and say what we are thankful for and it is always a fun time.  In the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, here are a few items I am thankful for (and I am not the best writer, so bear with me!)


 
  1. My loving and thoughtful husband, Dean!  Thank you, baby, for putting up with me and the "sometimes" craziness in our lives.  Having a partner who can tolerate your worst while helping to bring out your best is invaluable. I wouldn't be the same person that I am without you!  Everything happens for a reason and god knew that Dean is what I needed.  I thank my lucky stars everyday for having Dean in my life.  





  1. We are so thankful for our new house and all of those that helped us get here!  We have so many friends, family and support from those special people in our lives that helped us get to this point.  Dean and I are both self-employed, so it definitely gave us some interesting hurdles to overcome in getting the financial aspects approved.  But we are so thankful and it was worth all the work to get here!  We love the new place and can’t wait for all the fun to come.  In the midst of my busiest time of the year, we also added the personal craziness of moving our house as well!  We had the closing on Tuesday, November 12th and moved everything over at the end of that week.  I can’t believe it has only been two weeks since we have lived here, as it seems like lots has happened since then!  We moved out of the city and into our farm house.  :)  We had a LOT of help from our amazing families to make it all work and we spent our first night at the new house that Friday.  These last few weeks and months have been a whirlwind, but all worth it as we love the new place so far!  4 acres with a house surrounded by bean fields that needs a little love.  Lots of projects in the new few weeks and months in our free time!  It has a huge barn for Dean's projects, room for animals, office and separate rooms for the kids. We and the kids are super excited.  We have painting their rooms as Owen wanted super heroes and Gracie wanted princess.  Owen’s is blue and green and the Gracie Princess room is pink and green.  We are excited to see how it all comes together!  Ha.  :)       

  1. We absolutely love the gorgeous sunrises and sunsets with the sun rising to the left and setting to the right in our back yard.  It is a gorgeous view.  With the crazy weeks we have had and are upcoming, we love getting to sit together as a family and enjoy the view.  We love those family meals with just the four of us around the kitchen table that are full of laughs and talking about our day.  Lots more of those meals to come looking out the picture window at the farm.  We can’t wait until next spring when we can enjoy that view more from our porch swing!  We look forward to seeing the potential in the house come together over the next few years!  
 
  1. My family and being able to spend so much time at home with the kids grow.  I can't believe that Owen is going to be 4 years old in March 2013 and that Gracie turned two years old in July this year.  Yes, the kids have their moments when they are both crying when my patience is tested, but I absolutely love being a mom.  I love those special moments when the kids do something new, give me hugs, blow me a kiss, smile or say they love me without me saying anything first.  Owen is our little helper and loves organizing.  Gracie likes making the messes!  Ha.  Owen loves his puzzles and is starting to learn some of his letters.  He is in his Christmas Program next week and we are trying to learn some of his songs.  He usually tries to say, “Mom, we already sand that today!”  So we shall see how that goes.  Hee hee.  Gracie is starting to do dress up and likes to have a say now into what she is wearing!  SO when she shows up wearing something that really doesn’t go together, I just have to laugh. Gracie loves coloring and anytime they start fighting or doing something, I find my “go-to” question as, “Who wants to color?”  I wonder when they will start catching on to that one.  They are both very excited for Christmas and all the excitement that is ahead with the holiday.  Dean and I tried for such a long time before we first got pregnant, so we really appreciate our kids and watching our healthy little miracles grow.  They both are so funny and everyone always comments on how well they get along together (well, most of the time anyway!).  Because we had them close together in age, they don’t know a world without one another.  Their teachers love that they see one another on the playground at school and give each other hugs.  I love you, Owen & Gracie!! 

  1. My husband and our awesome families for taking care of the kids when I have appointments, photo sessions and wedding photography.  It is because of all their support and help which allows me to do be able to do what I love!  I am so appreciative of our families and how much love and support we have around us.  I appreciate all the love I have in our families.  
 
  1. Being Busy!!  I am so humbled to be able to be fulfilling my dream!  I love being able to photography the love stories and being able to enjoy family life too.  Because things have been a little crazy lately with everything going on, I am so thankful for the growth in my photography business..  I am a little sleep deprived and I know it is bad for me, but those occasional Red Bulls help when I really need it.  :)  I am really looking forward to the photography with my three remaining wedding this year and an awesome 2014 to come.  
 
  1. My mom.  Who is the kindest, most thoughtful and giving person I know.  She has so much strength and independence and gives with all her heart to everyone around her.  She taught me so much about the person I want to be and is such a big part of why I am the person I am today.  She gave me my strong work ethic, kindness, giving and love of family.  I don't always get to spend as much time as I would like with her because of our busy schedules, but she is always in my thoughts and I love her so much.  I am so thankful for my awesome families!!  It is awesome to have so much love around.  
 

6.  A night out with friends!  There’s something special about sharing a glass of wine or cocktail (or cup of coffee, or whatever beverage of choice) with friends. I love how conversations just flow when you’re relaxing with friends – it’s definitely always a fun time.  As busy as life gets, I love to make time for friends and getting a chance to catch up on each others' lives.  I always love getting a date night with Deano!!!!  Sometimes they are industry events, but we love those events!  It is always so fun getting to catch up and remind ourselves of why we love each other so much.  

7.  I am so thankful for such an amazing network and friendship for so many wedding and event vendors around me.  It is because of all of you that I am where I am.  I love being able to work and be surrounded by so many amazing people.  I have been involved in the ISES (International Special Event Society) Indiana Board of Directors and it has been such a great experience and I love all of my friendships I have created.  I love getting to as many of the Perfect Wedding Guide, Wedding Day Magazine and all the many industry events as I get to throughout the year.  I love learning more about others’ and, ultimately, gaining more friends along the way.  Thank you to all of you for so much love and support throughout the years.  

8. My awesome brides and grooms!  Without you guys, I wouldn't get to do what I love.  It is because of you, your love and friendships that I get to do what I do!  Capturing those special wedding moments is what I love to do and I treasure that I get to be there to be a part of the wedding day.  I am so appreciative of all of my awesome brides and grooms!!    
 
 
I love the holidays, especially Thanksgiving. It’s such a wonderful reminder to be grateful for all the people, family and blessings in my life. (Hence the list here!) I love that it causes me to stop and consciously think about all the good things in my life.  Thank you for allowing me to share the reasons I am so thankful!!  There are many more, but these are just the first couple off the top of my head.  Dean and I are looking forward to spending time with our families and hope that everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving with your friends and families!!!  I am wishing you and all of your families and friends a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Wishing you safe travels and wonderful times this week and weekend. 


XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments