12.04.2013

Caitlin + David = Married! | Slideshow of Favorites | Indianapolis, IN

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Ramey!!!! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your amazing wedding day! The bride and groom live in Chicago, so I love getting to catch up with them when they are here in town. From the first time Bryn, Caitlin's mom, contacted me and we talked and met, I have loved this family!!! I couldn't be happier for you two and I am extremely honored to be a part of your wedding photography! They are amazing and surrounded by so much love from their families and friends around them. The two of you couldn't be more sweet, adorable and have so much fun together and all of their friends and family. It was a spectacular wedding with gorgeous photography and I couldn't be more happy for you and your amazing families. I loved all the personal touches and details!! I feel honored that I was able to capture your love story! I love the happiness you two find in each other and seeing everything come together on your beautiful wedding day. You are an amazing couple, Caitlin and David, and I can't wait to see all that you accomplish as a couple. All of us around you are all so happy for you and know that you will enjoy married life!! Have so much fun and enjoy married life!! 

I loved working with some of my favorite vendor friends on this stunning wedding . . .

Wedding Ceremony: Tabernacle Presbyterian Church (Tab)
Getting Ready, Suite and Wedding Reception: Conrad Indianapolis Hotel
Pictures: Downtown Circle
Wedding Event Planner, Catering and Staff: Erin Bradburn and Conrad
Florist: Julie with Royal Creations
Band: Flying Toasters
Wedding Cake: Simply Perfection Cake
Officiant: Rev Dr. John P. Luginbill
Invitations, Programs and Paper Stationary Products: Jen with Card Ink
Hummer Limo: Advanced Limousine Services
Dress: Marie Gabriel Couture
Videography: Sean with Focus Right Productions
Engagement Photography Session
Wedding Photography by Kristin Hornberger and Lori Thetford with Kristin Hornberger Photography

Here is a little more about their love story . . .

Caitlin and David joke about their knowing each other for so long.  Caitlin shared, “Well, it is hard to say when we first ‘met.’  Ha!  David and I have known each other as long as I can remember! We grew up going to the same school, had the same 4th grade teacher and actually ‘dated,’ ‘went out’ whatever you would like to call it for a short stint in 8th grade ha, ha. We started officially dating just after I got my license (Feb of our sophomore year in High School) and have basically been together most of the time since. We dated long distance in college (he was at Purdue and I was at Miami of Ohio) and now both live and work in Chicago.”  When it came to knowing and realizing that they had found “the one,” Caitlin and David have both known for a long time.  “Clearly.  Ha, ha,” Caitlin giggled.  “You know those people that date in High School and somehow "just know," yeah that is us.”  :) 

For some of their favorite “date nights,” David and Caitlin are both really active and she added, “Oddly enough enjoy working out together. Guess you could say both of us have always been fitness junkies. For a while I was even into training for marathons and conned David into running two with me.  We also like going out to eat together. David is definitely a man-of-habit though and wants to go to the same three restaurants every single time. I, of course, always want to try something new.  Deciding where to go is always the tough part because Chicago has SO many good places to eat.

David proposed at the top of the mountain when they were out skiing in Park City for a long weekend this February.  Caitlin described, “He was good enough to take the advice of my girlfriends and had a resort photographer hiding, snapping pictures in the background. I have some great pictures with a beautiful view! I was however wearing ski pants, goggles, the whole ensemble and he proposed with a ‘fake’ ring. The real ring was not done in time...for everyone that knows me, no one should be shocked. My life typically does not go as planned, and I would be the one to get engaged in the worst outfit ever, with a fake ring :)  I did, however, love every last minute of the whole experience and would not change a thing!

Shortly after, they started planning their wedding day.  They both currently live in Chicago, but both grew up just outside Indianapolis. For this reason, Indy definitely is "home" to both of them and is where their parents still live.  “While David would prefer to be married barefoot on a beach, Indy is definitely the next best thing,” Caitlin shared.  “It will ALWAYS be home to us no matter where we live!”  When I asked, “What has been your favorite part of the wedding planning process so far?” I had to laugh at Caitlin’s cute and super honest response, “Hmmm…not too much of it! Good thing my mom is fabulous at it :) Too many details for my scatter brain to handle...”

When it comes to their wedding day and what they were most looking forward to, “Well, I obviously can't wait to marry David first and foremost!  But if we are being honest, I really can't wait to wear my wedding dress. Not sure what David would say here . . . probably something about the party afterwards!”  

It was absolutely gorgeous wedding!  Here are just a few photos and then the Slideshow of some of my favorites from your wedding day . . .



To see more of Caitlin and David's gorgeous day, please click here to view their wedding viewing page:

http://kristinhornberger.smugmug.com/event/Caitlin-David-Married

XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments