4.18.2014

Happy Easter!


Happy Easter to everyone!!!  I love holidays, because it is a time to stop our busy pace and enjoy all of our family.  We have a few family events with both Dean and my family this weekend and I can't wait.  I love it.  So many times we are hurrying along and thinking about all the things we need to do with our busy lives, so I love just putting it all aside and relaxing with all of our families. 

Earlier this month, I took Owen and Gracie's Easter pictures at our house.  We had two from our youngest flock of laying hens visit our photo shoot!   They loved playing with the two little chicks and picked them up like they were their little pets. It didn't seem to faze them, but I guess that they have grown up with all kinds of pets along the way.  We had to do before the chicks got too big and took advantage of one of the warmer days in our cold start to Spring.  You never know what they are going to do at their ages with a photo shoot, so we always do what we can.  I think the pictures this year turned out cute.  They never want to stay in one place for long!  Owen just turned 4-years-old in March and Gracie is 2 and 1/2.  Time is flying by and I can’t believe they are getting so big.  
Gracie loved being in her pretty princess dress and didn’t want to take it off.  So she had a little play time in her dress after the shoot.  She associates the sparkly pretty princess dress with getting to hold chickens, so we shall see if she asks to hold the chickens this weekend when she wears it again!  As we were getting them changed into their Easter outfits, Owen looked at Gracie and said, "You look like a princess, Gracie!"  My heart melted.  When did these two little cuties develop little personalities of their own?!?!?  

At my families’ get together, we always have a tradition before our meals of a quick prayer and then we all go around and say something we are thankful for in our lives…our family, health, friends, freedom, great weather, happy kids, awesome meal, safe travels, roof over our heads, soft bed…It only takes a few moments, but it is something I really love to do.  If you have time, please take a few moments to say what you might be thankful for this Easter.  I hope that all of you and your families be blessed during this Easter Holiday and always.  Here are a few of my favorite Easter Photo Shoot of Owen and Gracie this year . . .










 







































































Wishing you and yours a wonderful spring.  Enjoy your Easter weekend!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments