7.20.2014

Jennifer + Joel = Married! | Indianapolis, IN | Slideshow of Highlights



Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Asbury!!!! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your absolutely amazing wedding day!  I just love these two and their families and friends!!!! They have so much love for everyone around them.  I couldn't be happier for you two and I am extremely honored to be a part of your engagement and wedding photography! 

It was a spectacular and breath-taking wedding with personal touches, amazing details and elegance throughout the day.  I love that we got to photograph your engagement photos in Bloomington at IU where you spent so much of your lives together and those photos were incorporated into your wedding day.  I love the downtown views, amazing architecture and character of the Scottish Rite, stained glass, bride surprising her mom with the harpist, the gorgeous blues and turquoise accents, Joel surprising Jennifer with the carriage after the sparkler exit, all of the personal touches and fabulousity that was everywhere!  I couldn't be more happy for you and I feel absolutely honored that I was able to capture your love story!  I always love getting to work with and photograph events by the lovely Lindsey with Ooh La La Events!!  And this was gorgeous!!  What a wonderful team to be a part of for this wedding . . .  we love the happiness you two find in each other and seeing everything come together on your beautiful wedding day. I can't wait to see all that you accomplish as a couple. I know you will have so much fun and enjoy married life!!  

Getting Ready: Omni Severin Hotel
Downtown Photos:  The Circle
Wedding Ceremony and Reception:  Scottish Rite Cathedral
Catering and Staff:  Thomas Caterers of Distinction
Event Planning, Coordination, Flowers and Decor:  Ooh La La Events
Fabric Decor and Lighting:  Evans Audio Visual
DJ:  Grapevine Productions
Photo Booth:  Indy Photo Booth
Wedding Cake:  Classic Cakes 
Officiant:  Matt Giebler
Harpist:  Elizabeth O'Meara Ahlgrim
Hair:  Something Blue Stylists 
Makeup: Makeup Designs by Kaity
Their Bloomington Engagement Session
Wedding Photography by Kristin Hornberger and Lori Thetford with Kristin Hornberger Photography

Here is a little more about Jennifer and Joel (and I love Jennifer's English Major shinning through on these responses-Awesome!!) . . . 
  • How or where did you two first meet? 
Although we lived less than two miles apart for twenty years, we attended two different school districts. So, it was not until one fateful day at Gordon Food Service when we were both seniors in high school that we finally met one another. I was a cashier, and Joel was a stock boy. So, I guess you could say we started falling in love over a case of frozen chicken :)   We did not start dating though, until almost a year later, when we were both in our freshman year of undergrad down at Indiana University. I sent him a message over AIM (yes, that was still a thing then), and about five hours later, Joel finally replied . . . asking which Jennifer it was that was talking to him. After a bit of clarification, we talked for seven hours straight and have been together ever since. 
  • When did you two realize you had found "the one?"  
Joel: I knew I had found "the one" sophomore year in the parking lot of the Education Building at IU. We were concerned about our future because Jenny was about to embark on a nine month trip to Europe to study at the University of Kent at Canterbury. Being an English major, this was the chance of a lifetime. I knew that if we survived those nine months, we were meant to be together. On May 25, 2009, Jenny returned home. She called me from Chicago ORD saying she would be later than expected returning to Indianapolis. I, of course, did not like hearing that as I was anxiously awaiting her return. When she finally did return to her house that was less than two miles away from my house, I was awaiting her in her driveway at midnight with chocolates and flowers in hand! Isn't that sweet? From then on, I wanted nothing more but to spend time with the girl I fell in love with in the parking lot of the Education Building at IU . . . for the prodigal girlfriend had returned!

Jennifer:  I do not remember the exact moment I realized that Joel was "the one." Lots of little things added up to one large realization. He has always been there when I needed him. We talked every day when I was studying abroad, despite the five hour time difference. Joel has been there in the good times and the bad. Law school was a very stressful three years, and I could always count on Joel to be there when I needed someone to calm me down and bring me back to the real world. Joel has broadened my horizons in so many ways -- I now somewhat know what is going on in a football game. Yet, he also enjoys (or at least puts up with) the things I enjoy doing . . . like musicals and wedding shows. I can't wait to get married to Joel!
  • What is one of your favorite "date nights" consist of? 
Honestly, we have the best time just ordering in food and having a lazy night at home watching mindless television. But we also love going cosmic bowling and bowling seven games in a row. We also both love going to baseball games, and we have the ultimate goal of going to at least one game at all of the major league ballparks. When we go out to eat, we prefer Mexican food. I think that the waiters at Casa Brava in Bloomington know us by heart. 
  • How did the wedding proposal happen?
I had my last law school final ever on April 30th, 2013. Ironically, it was a Family Law final, so I spent three hours writing frantically about divorce and custody disputes. But then Joel picked me up and took me to a little restaurant in Bloomington called Lennie's, where we stuffed our faces and celebrated my freedom. Joel then suggested taking a walk to Dunn Meadow, to a little rock wall where we had sat and talked on our last visit down to Bloomington prior to my leaving for England. He had jokingly "proposed" then with a ring of grass. Five years later, Joel got down on one knee and proposed with the real thing! Joel had even arranged for a photographer friend to hide behind trees and take pictures of him proposing to me! 
  • How or why did you choose the wedding locations you did?
We are getting married in downtown Indianapolis at the Scottish Rite Cathedral. Our ceremony will be in the South Lounge, and our reception will be in the Ballroom. The Scottish Rite is the perfect wedding location for us for many reasons. First, it is indoors. No outdoor Indiana weddings for this bride . . . too risky! Second, it is gorgeous. I love all things English, and the Scottish Rite Cathedral's beautiful Gothic architecture is the closest thing in Indiana to a castle or old world cathedral.
  • What has been your favorite part of the wedding planning process so far?
I personally really enjoyed finding my dress. My mom and I have loved watching Say Yes to the Dress for years, so when she suggested we go to Kleinfeld Bridal in NYC to look at dresses, I was ready to go! It was a wonderful experience, and although I really had not thought I would find my dress there, I did! But no more details about that . . . 
Joel's favorite part thus far has surprisingly been the engagement pictures, which I never thought would be the case because he does not like having his picture taken. But he had a great time, and he loves the results Kristin!    (LOVE THIS JOEL!!!  SO GLAD TO HELP!  XXOO, Kristin)
Joel is also looking forward to figuring out where we will be heading for our honeymoon :)
  • What are you looking forward to on the wedding day?
Getting married! And I am hoping Joel cries . . . 

There so many great photos from their beautiful wedding!!  Above is a Slideshow of Highlights of my Favorite Photos from the spectacular day, but below are a few my favorites from the gorgeous wedding . . .
























































































To view more of their wedding photography, click the below link to their special viewing site:


Love these two and their families!  Enjoy married life.  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments