12.24.2014

Happy Holidays from the Hornberger Family!


As the holidays are here, I find myself wrapping, shopping, baking, cleaning, checking emails, sending packages, getting ready and trying to mark items off my To-Do-List for the upcoming Christmas events.  With all the hustle and bustle, I do find myself trying to remember to slow down to remember my faith and what the holidays are all about.  As we were sitting in Church on Sunday, I listened to our pastor tell a story about the true meaning of Christmas and being able to give something very special to someone that doesn't expect it or something they couldn't do for themselves.  It was a heart-warming story and he asked each of us to remember that true meaning of Christmas and find a special gift that could be given this year.  This is an amazing time of year, simple in origin, deep in meaning, beautiful in tradition, rich in memories, and charitable in spirit. This joyful season brings to each of us a measure of happiness and remembering the spirit of Christmas.  May you be reminded of all the most important things in your life this Christmas!!

For me, I love being able to have this special time to enjoy with family and friends, remembering old traditions and starting new ones with our little ones!  Owen and Gracie had the distinct pleasure of getting to see and chat with Santa three times this year.  Owen and Gracie love meeting him, talking to him, decorating cookies, Christmas Programs, decorating the house, riding the train, wrapping presents, making snowflakes and other holiday traditions.  There are so many fun things we have been doing and the kids have loved it.  I don't think any of the ornaments within the kids reach under 3 feet are in the same place they once were because the kids like to take them off the tree.  As we read the book, "Polar Express" before bed, Owen looked at me and said, "Mom, this is my favorite book."  My heart warmed as it was always one of my favorites growing up as well.  I really look forward to Christmas this year as both Owen and Gracie are really excited for all the festivities and have been asking, "How many days until Christmas Eve?"  They are excited to leave Santa the cookies they decorated and leave his reindeer the carrots and special magic reindeer food (the oatmeal and glitter!)  



Dean and I have both had super busy years and could be happier or feel more blessed.  As always, Dean has been an absolutely wonderful husband and dad to our family.  I am a lucky girl.  I thank my lucky stars (and his parents) for him any chance I get!




I love our family and absolutely love spending time hanging out.  I feel that I have hugged, kissed and appreciated them more than ever this holiday season, with all going on.  Dean and I tried for so long before we got pregnant, so we feel so blessed by them and enjoy them.  I still find myself looking at them and amazed that we created these little munchkins.  We love watching their individuality and little personalities developing.



I have been so blessed by all of my amazing brides and grooms inviting me into their lives to share their stories.  I have gotten to photograph my amazing couples at some gorgeous and fun locations and had the distinct pleasure of working with such great helpers, second shooters, amazing friends and colleagues this year.  I feel so blessed to be surrounded by amazing friends and I have truly seen the awesome things we all can do for one another when we all come together.  I look forward to a very fun and busy 2015!  It has been tough finding a balance with all the family time, being very involved on the ISES (International Special Events Society) board as the President-Elect and the events, lots of weddings, marketing and networking, and building my photography name and brand.  I am super excited for all coming this next year!  :)  I feel so blessed with my business and family life to be doing all that I love.  I appreciate all the love and support from my husband, both of our families and our amazing friends to be able to do what I love everyday!  Without all of your support and love, I couldn't do all that I do.  



So this year in the midst of our crazy fall, we threw in the family photo session. It was a crazy time, but I am glad we did - I love Indiana fall leaves and all of the colors. With two kids under the age of 4, we never know what is going to happen.  Andrea (Dean's sister) took our pictures again this year . . . thanks, Dee Dee, for these priceless pictures. I am so thankful!!! Owen is four and a 1/2, turning 5 in March and Gracie is 3 years old. They are loving life, absolutely having a blast.  We have a busy but fun Christmas Eve and we absolutely can't wait!  Our busy day every year is Christmas Eve and I always wish we could be two places at once!!  As I know that can't happen, I have to try to remember to relax and just enjoy the time we have with each of our families.  I do have to say, though, that I am looking forward to Thursday with watching the kids see what Santa brings, eating my mom's leftover Spaghetti Casserole, watching the 'Christmas Story' and relaxing at our house in our PJs on Christmas day!  I can't wait for the family time.  







We truly hope that all of you be surrounded by all the things that bring Christmas cheer!  Hoping you can feel love, joy, and peace this Christmas season.  Happy holidays!  Enjoy!!  XXOO, Kristin, Dean, Owen and Gracie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments