4.03.2013

Kooking With Kristin: Chicken Saltimboca!


I was recently going through recipes and trying to make something I haven't made before and ran across this recipe I had from Jean, our longtime family friend who is an amazing cook!  Everything Jean has given us a recipe to has been scrumptious, so I had to give it a try!  It was delicious!  After we ate dinner, Dean, my husband, asked me, "And why have you not made this before?"  Ha!  It definitely was a crowd-pleaser and a recipe we will make again!  

Chicken Saltimboca

Ingredients:
  • (6) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  • 1 tsp salt
  • (6) thin slices of ham
  • (6) slices of Swiss cheese
  • (1) medium tomato chopped
  • 1/2 tsp sage (I didn't have, so used other spices!! Salt, pepper, blended spices we like)
  • 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
  • 2 Tbsp minced parsley (I'm not a huge fan of parsley, so just used other spices we had)
  • 4 Tbsp melted margarine or butter
  • 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese 
Preparation:
  • Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of waxed paper.  (I just did on cutting board and put Saran Wrap on top to pound thechicken.  
  • Sprinkle each piece with salt and pepper.
  • Top each with a slice of ham, cheese, tomato and sage (other spices).
  • Roll each into "jelly-roll" fashion, secure with toothpicks (or kitchen twine-in our case).
  • Combine crumbs, Parmesan and parsley (other spices). 
  • Dip chicken in melted butter, roll in crumb mixture and place in a buttered baking dish.  (I browned in electric skillet first and then put in oven for less time than stated below to speed up cooking time).
  • Bake uncovered 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.
Thanks again, Jean!!  Delicious.  Enjoy!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments