9.23.2013

Kooking With Kristin: Fried Peppers!

As time is going by so quickly, I can't believe we have already passed the mid-September mark of the year!  As I have had a crazy busy summer, I haven't had time to do my "Kooking with Kristin" blog segment and it is one I enjoy doing.  I had to make sure I got back into writing those.  :)  Our garden peppers are always a favorite for us and one of our favorites for special treat.  We made them for my family on vacation this year and they are always a crowd-pleaser.  

Fried Peppers!

Ingredients:
  • Whipped Cream Cheese
  • Sweet, mild or hot peppers-to the temperature you prefer!
  • Egg or milk (or mix both) to dip peppers in 
  • Breading - we love Drake's Brand Fish Fry Breading.  :)
  • Oil-we use canola oil typically

Preparation:
  • Turn on pan and put enough oil to cover pepper
  • Cut off top of peppers
  • Spoon in or cut off corner of ziplock bag and pipe in the cream cheese
  • Roll in breading, roll in egg/milk and roll again into breading-make sure to cover the top/cream cheese side of pepper.  The breading doesn't always stay all the way on (as you can see below of this picture before the peppers go in the oil), as the peppers are slippery.  But they are always delicious.  
  • When oil really hot, drop in the "breaded" peppers, turn over as needed half-way through cooking
  • Put on paper towel'd plate and when cool, they are ready to eat.  Great with ranch dip for dipping.  :) 
Yum and always a crowd pleaser!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments