3.25.2012

Kooking with Kristin: Chicken Cresent Almondine!

This is one of my favorite casserole recipes from my mom!  Partially because it is so yummy.  How can you go wrong with chicken, crescents, almonds, mushrooms and water chestnuts!?!?  So when she had hand surgery on both hands last week (poor thing! Love you, mom!!), it gave me a great opportunity to make this yummy dish.  I made a double batch - so one for my mom and dad and one for us at home!  Food is always appreciated by others, so make one to eat and one to share! :)

Chicken Crescent Almondine

Ingredients:
  1. (3) Cups of cooked chicken
  2. (1) can of cream of chicken soup
  3. (1) 8oz can of water chestnuts-drained and sliced
  4. (1) 4oz can of mushrooms drained
  5. 2/3 cup of mayo (I used light mayo)
  6. 1/2 cup of chopped onion
  7. 1/2 cup of sour cream  (I used light sour cream)
  8. (1) 8 oz can of crescent rolls
  9. 2/3 cup swiss cheese - shredded
  10. 1/2 cup almonds - sliced
  11. 2-4 tbsp butter
Preparation:
  • In a large sauce pan, combine the first seven ingredients and cook over medium heat until hot and bubbly (stove or microwave).  I like to add a little salt and pepper and stir into the mix.
  • Pour into ungreased 9x13 dish
  •  Separate crescent dough into two flat rectangles and place over hot chicken mixture
  •  Combine melted butter and almonds and sprinkle over dough
  • Bake @ 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes until deep golden brown
  • Remove and add shredded cheese and bake until melted
Yum!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments