7.23.2012

Boudoir Photo Shoot: Lisa!

I do have to say that I loved taking Lisa's boudior photo shoot earlier this year.  I have loved getting to know Lisa through shooting her and Ryan's engagement photos, photographing their wedding day, shooting her modeling portfolio photos, her workout modeling pictures and now her boudoir photos! I waited until after their anniversary to post their pictures, because Lisa wanted to surprise Ryan with a special book for their anniversary as a gift.  But then time got away from me in posting these photos,.  So Lisa, I am so sorry for the delay.  Lisa is such a beauty and it was an honor to photograph her boudoir photos.  How can you beat a "Fireman" themed photo shoot!!!  I even had one of Lisa's photos featured in the Spring issue of Wedding Day Magazine for their "Boudoir Photography" article.  So fun.

Make-Up:  Client and Loni Wilson with 28 Star Studio
Hair:  Loni Wilson with 28 Star Studio

As I have had a few Boudoir Photography Shoots this year, I thought I would share my thoughts on Boudoir!  So fun.  Boudoir photography is all about making a woman feel beautiful.  Women love to feel gorgeous!  Boudoir photos are for any girl of any shape or size.  It's about creating an fun experience and producing some amazing, classy and sexy photographs that capture a woman's beauty.  You do not have to be a model or slim size to do boudoir photos.  As a general rule, most woman of any size want to look more slim and feel gorgeous.  If we can create photographs that do that, then we will create a product that woman will be proud of showing off to their friends and want to purchase.  Most women will tell you their insecurities within a few minutes of meeting them to do photos.  Therefore, as a photographer, it's our job to listen so we can put our clients in the best position, light and pose to accentuate their attributes and create the best possible picture of them.  I always want the women I shoot to do their hair and makeup.  Whether they do it themselves or have me line up the hair and makeup professionals to come prior to our photographs, hair and makeup is a must.  We want the woman to feel her most beautiful.  For me, I love a person's eyes.  I think they tell you so much about a person.  I recommend accentuating the eyes with a heavy mascara, eyeliner, eye shadow, fake eye lashes or other makeup to play up the eyes in the photos.  Boudoir photography is becoming a new way to pamper yourself with a spa like treatment for yourself.  It is a way to just enjoy being a woman.  One common misconception, is that boudoir photography is about being nude.  I actually don't photograph nudes and require the special parts to be covered.  My favorite shots are those that show a woman's beautiful face and have a hint of sexy in there.  It is about capturing a great expression in the clothes the woman feels comfortable wearing.  Whether that be lingerie, pajamas, cozy shirt, sports jersey, husband's uniform, robe, cozy blanket, etc.  It is normal to be a little nervous.  But if the photographer does their job, they will capture you at your best.  You will have the sexy and classy photographs that will be a wonderful and gorgeous memory of the fun experience.  The photos are also such a great gift that he will appreciate for years to come.  The photos will make for great albums, gifts or photos.  It's all about creating a photograph that makes a woman feel empowered, sexy or beautiful.  I have done my job if I leave a boudoir photo session and the woman feels beautiful, right then...just as they are!

Thanks again, Lisa!  Here are a few favorites that I am able to share . . . 
 

I love Lisa!  So much fun and I love that she trusts me to take her photos!!  Lisa, I can't wait to see what you and Ryan accomplish in the future.  You two will do anything you set your minds to.  You are such a beautiful girl and I had a blast getting to catch up.  I know Ryan loved the photos too!!  To anyone out there that has considered doing a boudoir photos shoot, please let me know!  XXOO, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comments